WHAT TO BRING
It is extremely brave for anyone to decide to enter detox and begin the process of breaking free from the grip of addiction. A lot of the questions we receive at The Haven Detox are from future clients asking what they should or should not bring with them to our facility. We have compiled this list of what to bring and what not to bring to make the transition process easier.
Detoxification from drugs and alcohol can be a very physically strenuous process. Clients go through chemical, emotional and physical changes that can cause various emotions to arise, feelings to be easily hurt and overall tiredness in general. The human body can be fighting a serious battle when going through drug and/or alcohol detoxification. Being comfortable while detoxing is very important.
At The Haven Detox, we try to create an atmosphere that helps heal the mind and body while detoxing. When the decision has been made to check into our detoxification center, that person should be sure to bring any prescription or over the counter drugs that may be taken, in the original bottles. This will enable the medical staff to care for safely during the detox process.
So What Do I Bring To Detox?
What To Bring
- Enough comfortable clothing for 5-7 days (washer/dryer available)
- Reading material (self-help, spiritual, health, 12-step)
- Cigarettes (unopened packs only)
What Not To Bring
- Electronic cigarettes (vapes)
- Electronic devices with access to the internet
- Outside linens/bedding, pillows or stuffed animals (all essentials are provided for your comfort)
- Products containing alcohol