Are you or someone close to you struggling with addiction? It can be daunting trying to figure out where exactly to turn for help. A detox center is often the best option during this difficult time. However, because there are many options to choose from, it’s important to understand how to find the right facility for you or your loved one’s specific needs.
Is A Detox Center The Right Place To Start?
Is professional help needed? This is a common question that many ask who are dealing with an addiction.
Symptoms Where Detox Is Necessary
Symptoms of drug or alcohol addiction can vary substantially from person to person. The following are some of the indicators that help is needed now:
- Drinking or drug taking has become a regular occurrence
- It has become impossible to stop drinking or using drugs
- Alcohol or drugs are being used to deal with the problems of daily life
- Alcohol or drugs are leading to risky behaviors
- Work, school, and/or family are suffering
- There have been legal problems due to alcohol or drug use
If one or more of these indicators are present, the next step is finding the right detox facility.
Factors To Consider When Deciding On A Detox Center
There are certain criteria to consider when comparing options:
- The quality of the program
- The credentials and experience of the staff
- The program’s reputation and rate of success
- The location of the center
- Types of services offered
- Types of addiction treated
- Is the program medically-supervised?
It’s also important to think about your own specific needs. Depending on your circumstances, an inpatient or an outpatient program may be more beneficial. Along with the illness of addiction, do you have a mental health issue such as depression or anxiety? A holistic and integrative approach that is focused on treating the mind, body and spirit, like our program at The Haven Detox, is the most effective for those dealing with co-occurring disorders.
Taking That First Step To Recovery
Entering a detox program is an incredibly important step in addiction recovery. Understanding how to choose the most appropriate detox center can make a world of difference in your success. With the right program, not only can the toxins be effectively eliminated from the body, but a change in mindset and can start so that the process of long-term addiction recovery and healing can begin.
Do you need help in finding the right detox center for you or a loved one? Don’t wait another day. At The Haven Detox, we’re here to help with clear information and answers to your questions.